THE MIDWEST REGIONAL ADVISORY COUNCIL (MRAC)
History of The Midwest Regional Advisory Council
The Midwest Regional Advisory Council (MRAC) was formed from conversations of Midwest Chapter Leaders within the Global Leadership Forum at the ICF Global Conference in Ft. Worth, TX, in October 2010. Regular monthly meetings began on December 3, 2010 and have continued to date.
We are a robust team of 13 Chapters striving to support and amplify one another, create and foster synergies between our chapters, and share our experiences and resources in order to make each of our chapters and region as strong as possible. Our chapters include: ICF Central Ohio, ICF Chicago, ICF Cleveland, ICF Heartland, ICF Greater Indianapolis, ICF Iowa, ICF Michigan, ICF Minnesota, ICF Nebraska, ICF Ohio Valley, ICF Pittsburgh, ICF St. Louis and ICF Wisconsin.
Accomplishments include: creating shared CCEU programming, a regional Membership Mastermind Group, shared strategies for CMER implementation, the ICF Midwest Regional Recognition Awards and the annual ICF Midwest Regional Conference.
ICF Midwest Regional Advisory Council Vision
Vision: To be the premier regional leadership team in ICF, working in collaboration to model the values of ICF, promote the coaching profession, capitalize on the synergies of our leaders, and support the growth and development of our members.
Vision Personified: Who do we choose to be, and what do we choose to do is “to be the premier regional leadership team in ICF?”
- Model leadership and coaching values
- Collaborate & partner across ICF
- Promote the growth & development of our members
How we operationalize these tenants are as follows
|Model Leadership and Coaching Values||Collaborate & Partner Across ICF||Promote the Growth & Development of our Members|
|Be courageous||Be critical thinkers||Support pacesetters|
|Be visionary||Seek synergies||Encourage/support/recognize great coaches|
|Encourage innovation||Be Excited/Joyful/Spirited!!!||See winners in our members|
|Model behaviors of great coaches||Be a role model||Encourage risk taking|
|Be inspirational||Think strategically||Develop ourselves and our members by encouraging them to stretch and challenge themselves outside their comfort zone|
|Be transformational||Be service oriented||Be creative and encourage creativity|
|Be dreamers||Work with others to reach goals||Be leaders in our respective chapters & beyond|
|Be influencers||Set and exceed our goals||Lead in the number of regional coaches who are credentialed|
|Model the values of ICF||Model the values of ICF||Model the values of ICF|
ICF Midwest Regional Advisory Council Operating Norms
- Meetings (Conference calls) will take place on the fourth Friday of each month at 9:00am Eastern time.
- Consensus decision-making will be the primary focus when appropriate, and we will defer to majority rule if consensus cannot be reached.
- Each chapter gets one vote on a decision when majority rule is employed.
- Eight of the thirteen chapters need to be present on a call in order for a quorum to exist.
- All members commit to performing the tasks identified in the action items established in our meetings.
- All members commit to keeping their fellow chapter leaders informed of our deliberations should they be absent.
- We will recap our discussions at the end of our meetings to confirm action items.
- Agendas for all meetings will be established at the end of the current meeting.
- We will listen empathically to insure that the views and opinions of all members are heard.
- Leaders from each chapter will endeavor to have at least one of their chapter leaders present at each meeting.
- All members will join the ICF Midwest Chapter Leaders LinkedIn Group and participate in the discussions.