We are Excited to Announce the First-Ever Community Service Project Sponsored by the ICF Midwest Regional Conference!
Community Crossroads: The Promise Zone Project
Indianapolis is known for many things: being the Crossroads of America, its famous Hoosier Hospitality and especially, for our involvement in philanthropy. As a way to deepen your connection to our city during your visit to Indianapolis, we invite you to be part of a HUGE project on the near eastside of Indianapolis, The Promise Zone.
Leverage your strengths as a coach to participate in what we hope becomes a new tradition for future ICF Midwest Regional Conferences: a service project that will have both a lasting impact on Indianapolis and raise the visibility of professional coaching.
- One-on-one coaching matching staff and volunteers of several nonprofits, plus small business owners on the near east side of Indianapolis who are working towards a common goal.
- As a participating coach, you will provide three coaching sessions (one hour each, the first two to be completed virtually prior to the conference and the final one to take place in person at the conference between 1 and 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 23rd).
- We are working with The Promise Zone Project on the East Side of Indianapolis. Promise Zones are high-poverty communities where the federal government works with local leaders to increase efforts in achieving neighborhood-created goals and priorities.
- The IndyEast Promise Zone utilizes a number of organizations to achieve their goals. Coaching will be offered to leaders and volunteers within those organizations and will be aligned with the goals of the project. Opportunities will be available for coaches representing a wide variety of specialty niches.
- Coaches must be ICF Global members and registered to attend the 2016 ICF Midwest Regional Conference in Indianapolis. Click here to read more about the expectations for participating coaches.
- We plan to initiate the coaching in May with a virtual Kick Off meeting for all coaches and participants.
- Coaches and participants will determine two additional times to meet virtually for their coaching sessions prior to the conference.
- The last coaching session will occur at the conference on Thursday, June 23rd between 1 and 3 p.m. We have intentionally scheduled the live coaching sessions in the afternoon before conference registration opens to gain maximum participation from out-of-town coaches without the need for an additional hotel night in Indianapolis.
- We are researching possible locations for the live coaching and will announce a venue as soon as possible. Any necessary transportation will be provided.
- Coaches can indicate their interest in participating on the conference registration form or click here to register as a participant. In addition, coaches can contact ServiceProject@icf-midwest.com for an application form. We will collect information from each coach, e.g. coaching niche, time zone, website, etc.
- We will work with The Promise Zone Project to recruit participants.
- Participants will complete a survey to understand more about what they are looking for in a coach and the coaching experience.
- We will match participants with the coaches who have volunteered and provide the contact information through e-mail.
- We will have a virtual kick-off meeting in May before coaching is initiated to provide the opportunity for sharing more about The Promise Zone Project, the process and the expectations.
- Our expectation is that two sessions will be provided virtually prior to June 23rd and the final session will be provided in person on June 23rd.
- If you are an ICF Global member who is registered for the 2016 ICF Midwest Regional Conference AND interested in participating in Community Crossroads: The Promise Zone Project, please complete the application form here.